WELCOME TO MY BLOG.

WELCOME TO MY BLOG. I hope I can inspire you with my creations. x

You can also purchase my cards through my blog. Please click on the page tab above. Please contact me through my email kingsharon1967@yahoo.co.uk for paypal details.







About Me

My photo
Hi I'm Sharon and make and design handmade cards I've crafted since I was about 4,starting with knitting.I started making cards a few years ago and find it so therapeutic. I sell my cards so if you would like to place an order please leave a comment and I will get back to you. I am also currently on the DT for Paper Boutique part of Creative Crafting World. I hope you will get some inspiration from my blog and thank you for visiting

Thursday 20 February 2014

TUTORIAL - 'I FEEL PRETTY OH SO PRETTY'

 
Good evening everyone.
 
I would like to enter this card into
This months theme is Name That Tune.
My card is based on the song 'I Feel Pretty Oh So Pretty' from
West Side Story.
 
 I thought I would do a tutorial on the card
I have made. I hope it gives you some inspiration.
 
I used
Just For Girls Art Pad from Lili of The Valley
7 x 7 card base from Anna Marie Designs.
Country Lady Paper Pad from Lili of The Valley.
Kraft Card.
Old Paper Distress Ink.
Lace, flowers, die cuts and sentiment.
 
I used a 7 x 7 white card base
 
 
Next I matted some papers from the paper pad
onto craft card
 
 
On one of the layers I stuck lace onto the sides
 
 
I then layed the mats onto the base card
 
 
 
 
I used one of the toppers from the art pad and die-cut it into a circle.
Using Old Paper distress ink I distressed the topper to give it
an aged look to keep in with the theme of the papers and layed it onto
a pre-cut doiley.
 

I then layed the topper centrally onto the card
 
 
Then I cut out bunting using a La La Land Die and
leaves from a Joanna Sheen Signature Die.
 

 
Next I positioned the embellishments and added some flowers
 and made a sentiment using word.
 
 
Here is the finished card
 
 
 
 
 
I hope you like it and will be back soon with
more inspiration for you.
 
Thank you for popping by.
 
 
 
 
 
 


7 comments:

  1. this is so cute, love it. keeeeeeeeeep crafting katie xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous design and great card love xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww LOVE it :) fabulous design and colours xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great tutorial and a beautiful card. You have shown that a cute image can be distressed and work perfectly.

    <3 & hugs
    Lisa xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card and lovely to see step by step how it was created

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fab card, and love the tutorial xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous card and tutorial, Sharon. Has Nitwits, teamed up with LOTV? xxx

    ReplyDelete